Membership of the Kite Club of Scotland costs:
- £15 for individuals.
- £22 for groups (up to six people at the same address).
Membership entitles you to the following:
- Subscription to the Kiteflier magazine.
To get the latest news in the kite world.
- Membership card.
- Affilitation to the Kite Society of Great Britain.
- Entitlement to discount at most kite shops.
- Insurance cover for kite flying at club events.
The insurance policy covers the Kite Club of Scotland and therefore the liability will cover all events run by the club.
This includes the twice a month fly-ins and the additional events and displays at which KCOS participates.
The policy does not cover an individual member's personal liability. Therefore, if an individual member is flying a kite, not
as part of a club event, they would not be covered. The member may be covered under the personal liability section of his
or her own household insurance policy. With the increased interest in kite buggying, the club must point out that its
insurance does not cover this activity and if buggying is to be pursued at club fly-ins, additional insurance must be obtained.